Below is the list of companies / individuals who have been kind enough to support my journey!
August 2017: Serengetee – Products made with fabric from around the world. Every serengetee helps artisans & grassroots causes.
- Shop their products at www.serengetee.com!
- How it happened: Ryan and I met back in June of 2017 (he was #1076). I had been wearing Serengetee products since I was first introduced to them by one of their ambassadors, Mary Kate Ryan (#606). After meeting with Ryan and hearing his story, I thought our missions lined up nicely so I asked him to become a sponsor of the project!
June 2017: Leadership Philadelphia – a non-profit organization that mobilizes and connects the talent of the private sector to serve the community
- Learn more at www.leadershipphiladelphia.org!
- How it happened: Liz Dow and I met back in June of 2016 (she was #79). While going through the Leadership Philadelphia program as part of the Connectors & Keepers class, I shared the story of my project at an event called Lunch with Liz to several other current and past members of the program. There, Liz offered to sponsor me for the upcoming month of June!
May 2017: Team Dental – South Jersey & Philadelphia’s premier dental office. Patient centered. Team oriented
- Learn more at www.teamdentalnj.com!
- How it happened: Dr. Jaffari and I met back in early March for my project (he was #790). At that time, I had a chipped tooth, which he offered to fix for me. When I returned to his Northern Liberties dental office in early April to have my tooth fixed, we talked about sponsorship and he wrote me a check for the month of May!
April 2017: Vybe Urgent Care – community-based urgent care clinics that provide convenient and compassionate treatment for a broad range of illnesses and injuries
- Learn more at www.vybe.care!
- How it happened: Peter Hotz reached out about sponsorship after learning about my project in Philadelphia Magazine. We met up at one of his clinics in Center City, Philadelphia (he was friend #869) where we talked about our backgrounds, I told him more about the project and he wrote me a check on the spot!
March 2017: Fishtown Pharmacy – a family owned independent pharmacy that prides itself in knowing their patients and their medicine like nowhere else
- Learn more at www.fishtownpharmacy.com!
- How it happened: Kris Hunsicker and I met up for drinks at Standard Tap as part of my project. He was friend #809! There, we talked about my project and how I’ve been trying to get it sponsored. Kris enjoys out-of-the-box ideas like mine so he stepped in as the hero to fund me for the month of March!
November 2016: Stitch – a simple, powerful ETL service built for software developers
- Learn more at www.stitchdata.com!
- How it happened: Jake Stein, CEO, is the former cofounder of RJMetrics, the company from which I was laid off. We have a good relationship so I texted him asking if he was interested in sponsoring my project for the first month. I think it makes for a good story and brings things full circle!
If you’d like to write you or your company into the narrative of this project as a sponsor, get in touch at email@example.com!